November 29, 2008

Web 2.0 Continues

I had heard about quite a few of the Web 2.0 Award Winners, which was pleasantly surprising to me! The category which caught my attention the most was the Fun Stuff. The Cocktail Builder website was great and I had not previously known about it. I also thought the HairMixer website was pretty neat. This website reminded me of some other sites that allow the user to upload a personal picture to try on different hairstyles (Yearbook Yourself, Clairol Try It On Studio, etc.) I was hoping to see another website similar to Library Thing that allows the user to build an online library of books owned. Lulu, Biblio, and VuFind had some cool options but I couldn't locate a "build your own library" feature which would have been great since Library Thing only allows the user to catalog up to 200 books for free.

No comments: